Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah! He has blessed us in the Messiah with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realm Eph 1:3 ISV
Jesus put the huge difference between God’s blessings of the old covenant and His blessings of the new covenant in terms of the kingdom. He pointed to John the Baptist, the last of the old covenant prophets and the Law as His example. John was not born again and was not in the kingdom of heaven as we of of the new covenant are. “The least in the kingdom of heaven is is greater than he.”
“Truly I say to you, among those born of women there has not arisen anyone greater than John the Baptist! Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Affirming the ways God has blessed us builds us up in our faith. So, in this article, I listed some of them and put them in personal form for you to think on or say. I recommend taking them in a bite at a time. Ponder and affirm10 or so at a time.
In Part 2, I will include key Bible verses. Part 3 will include verses and links to pertinent articles. In the mean time, you can think on these things and see what scripture pops into your head. If you like, let us know in comments. Also, these are just a start, tell us what you would add.
- I have heard the gospel of the kingdom
- I have repented and believe.
- I was saved by God’s grace.
- I was saved by the faith God gave me.
- I am born again.
- I was born of water and of the Spirit.
- I am spirit.
- I am like the wind of the Spirit.
- I can see the kingdom.
- I have entered the kingdom.
- I am a new being.
- I was created in Christ Jesus.
- I was created in to do good works as a way of life.
- Christ loves me.
- God loves me.
- God our Savior by his mercy saved me.
- God saved me through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit.
- God poured out the Holy Spirit upon me richly, through Jesus Christ my Savior.
- Being justified by his grace, He made one of His heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- The Spirit is life in me.
- I have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus.
- Christ Jesus washed me from my sins by his blood.
- My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit.
- My life is hidden in Christ in God.
- In Christ I am made full.
- I have have a new heart.
- God pours His love into my heart by the Holy Spirit.
- I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind.
- Jesus personally carried my sins in his body on the cross.
- God in Christ has forgiven me.
- God has declared me righteous by His new covenant justice.
- I have put off of the body of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ.
- I was buried with Christ in baptism.
- I was raised with Christ through faith in the working of God.
- I was made alive together with Christ.
- I put off the old man with his doings.
- I put on the new man, who in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of truth.
- I am free from the law of sin and of death.
- I am free from condemnation.
- I count myself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
- If I do sin, Jesus Christ is my advocate.
- My great high priest is Jesus the Son of God.
- Christ Jesus is the Apostle and High Priest of my profession.
- God has delivered me from the tyranny of darkness.
- God has translated me into the kingdom of the Son He loves.
- I embrace His reign
- I embrace the kingdom of God, which is right conduct, peace and joy, through the Holy Spirit
- I am a citizen of the kingdom.
- Jesus is the Vine, I am one of the fruit bearing branches.
- I bear the fruit of the Spirit.
- I am a partaker of the divine nature.
- I do my utmost to walk worthy of the calling which I have been called, demonstrating all expressions of humility, gentleness, and patience, accepting one another in love.
- I do my best to maintain the unity of the Spirit by means of the bond of peace.
- To each one of us grace has been given proportionate to the measure of Christ’s gift.
- We are being equipped “to do the work of ministry, and to build up the body of the Messiah until all of us are united in the faith and in the full knowledge of God’s Son, and until we attain mature adulthood and the full standard of development in the Messiah.” ISV
- “Then we will no longer be little children, tossed like waves and blown about by every wind of doctrine, by people’s trickery, or by clever strategies that would lead us astray.” ISV
- “Instead, by speaking the truth in love, we will grow up completely and become one with the head, that is, one with the Messiah, in whom the whole body is united and held together by every ligament with which it is supplied. As each individual part does its job, the body builds itself up in love.” ISV
- I function properly in gift I have received.
- I am of sound mind.
- I am self-controlled
- I am sober in prayer
- I am earnest in my love among one another.
- I am hospitable to one another.
- God has enlightened the eyes of my heart.
- Jesus Christ made me part of His Kingdom, a priest to His God and Father.
- Since I have been raised up with Christ, I keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
- I am seated with Christ in heavenly places.
- I come boldly to the throne of grace.
- The Jerusalem that is above is free and she is my mother. Gal 4:26
- I “have come to Mount Zion, and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable multitudes of angels, to the festal gathering and assembly of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Yeshua, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.”
- Christ in me is the hope of glory.
- I seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life.
- Being therefore justified by faith, I have peace with God through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah.
- Through our Lord Jesus Christ I have access by faith into this grace in which we stand.
- We rejoice in hope of the glory of God
- When Christ, who is my life, is revealed, I also will be revealed with Him in glory.
- I join with Abraham, looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
- I join with our old covenant examples of faith, longing for a better country, that is, a heavenly one.
- I look forward to receiving the inheritance I have as an heir of God.
- My inheritance is kept in heaven for me that can’t be destroyed, corrupted, or changed.
- Through faith I am “being protected by God’s power for a salvation that is ready to be revealed at the end of this era.”
The Revelation to John
1 This is the Revelation of Yeshua the Messiah, which God gave him to show to his servants the things which must happen soon, which he sent and made known by his angel* to his servant, Yochanan, 2 who testified to God’s word and of the testimony of Yeshua the Messiah, about everything that he saw.
1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth have passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband
9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls, who were loaded with the seven last plagues came, and he spoke with me, saying, “Come here. I will show you the wife, the Lamb’s bride.” 10 He carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Revelation 1:1-2; 21:1-2; 21:9-10 WMB
May our God make you worthy of His calling and by His power accomplish every good thing you decide to do and every work of faith, so as to glorify the name of our Lord Jesus among you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ. From 2 Th 1:11-12
Unlimited permission to copy, distribute or re-post anything written by me without altering text or profiteering is hereby granted subject to proper credits and inclusion of this web address: http://billbremer.org