Rejoice in the LORD, righteous ones; for the praise of the upright is beautiful. With the lyre, give thanks to the LORD…
We need much encouragement these days. Rejoicing in the LORD is one of the most encouraging. Especially, when we see ourselves as God our Father sees us. He looks at us as His righteous people, for He sent His Son for the propitiation of our sins.
“Now we know that whatever things the law says, it speaks to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be closed, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God. Because by the works of the law, no flesh will be justified in his sight; for through the law comes the knowledge of sin.
“But now apart from the law, a righteousness of God has been revealed, being testified by the Torah and the Prophets; even the righteousness of God through faith in Yeshua the Messiah to all and on all those who believe. For there is no distinction, for all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Messiah Yeshua, whom God sent to be an atoning sacrifice* through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God’s forbearance; to demonstrate his righteousness at this present time, that he might himself be just and the justifier of him who has faith in Yeshua. Romans 3:19-26 WMB (Heb 2:17; 1 Jn 2:2; 4:10) Bible Search
Righteous ones, let’s rejoice as the psalmist in Psalm 33.
- “Rejoice in the LORD, righteous ones;
- for the praise of the upright is beautiful.
- With the lyre, give thanks to the LORD;
- with the ten stringed harp, play music to him;
- with a new song, sing to him;
- with shouts of joy, play skillfully.
- For the word of the LORD is upright;
- and all his works are done in faithfulness.
- He loves righteousness and justice;
- the world is filled with the gracious love of the LORD.
- By the word of the LORD the heavens were made;
- all the heavenly bodiesa by the breath of his mouth.
- He gathered the oceans into a single place;
- he put the deep water into storehouses.
- Let all the world fear the LORD;
- let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him;
- because he spoke and it came to be,
- he commanded, it stood firm.
- The LORD makes void the counsel of nations;
- he frustrates the plans of peoples.
- But the LORD’s counsel stands firm forever,
- the plans in his mind for all generations.
- How blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
- the people he has chosen as his own inheritance.
- When the LORD looks down from heaven,
- he observes every human being.
- From his dwelling place,
- he looks down on all the inhabitants of the earth.
- He formed the hearts of them all;
- he understands everything they do.
- A king is not saved by a large army;
- a mighty soldier is not delivered by his great strength.
- It is vain to trust in a horse for deliverance,
- even with its great strength, it cannot deliver.
- Indeed, the LORD watches those who fear him;
- those who trust in his gracious love
- to deliver them from death;
- to keep them alive in times of famine.
- We wait on the LORD;
- he is our help and our shield.
- Indeed, our heart will rejoice in him,
- because we have placed our trust in his holy name.
- LORD, may your gracious love be upon us,
- even as we hope in you. Psalm 33:1-22 ISV